Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home


What a bittersweet moment!  We were home.

Here are some facts about the trip-

We started on Sunday, June 26, 2011 and finished on Thursday, August 18, 2011.  The whole trip took 52 days.  We went through 28 states plus DC, 2 countries, and stayed at 23 hotels and 3 campsites.

N and the kids were really happy to be home.  I was happy to be settled (living out of a car has its problems), but missed the excitement of the road.

I had now been to all 48 connected states in the USA, but it had been a decade where I hadn't left the country (well almost never), and I was ready to see more of the world.

School would soon start, and N and I had to start thinking about what we would do next.

I really enjoyed getting to see the country with my wife and kids, and I think the boys learned a lot about our nation that they never understood flying across it so quickly.  And we have this blog as a reminder of the moment by moment excitement of an adventure that I will remember for the rest of my life.  I don't know who will read this blog, but at the very least I suspect that Z and S will pass it on to their kids and grandchildren someday, and someday when they are old they can show the upcoming generations what a fun time we had on a journey to see as much as possible on a journey we took across our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment