Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Monkey Guy

Kids with an Indian mom or dad tend to have, somewhere in their proud possession, a photo of themselves with an exotic animal perched upon their head.  I fully intended to continue this tradition with our children.



While sitting at the side of the road, Mr. monkey guy came up to our car and tapped on the window, so we immediately started throwing rupees at him.  My goal was to get that monkey straight on the kid's heads.  Instead, the monkey and guy just took the cash and stood there, breaking tradition and all social contracts.



I pulled out the camera and took this photo.



Finally I made N complain to monkey guy in Hindi, so he stood up and forced the monkey to do a little monkey dance before the two buddies ran away from us.  We never got the exact photo I envisioned.



Dance monkey, dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment