Monday, July 18, 2011

Birth



Now I shall travel further back in time to the moment of birth. At the border of Park Ridge, IL, across the street from Des Plains, IL, was a hospital called Lutheran General. Here it is today, although it seems to have been renamed Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.




OK, this doesn't look anything like the hospital I was born at. A quick look around the side of this new addition shows the old hospital still in place, albeit overshadowed by the new building.




My mother worked as a nurse in this hospital.

Here is the newborn, back in 1969






My folks lived at an apartment across the street, in Des Plains.






(This was of course after their post courtship Chicago stint).

I lived in the same apartment for the first year of my life.... Ahhh, those were some great times.







No comments:

Post a Comment