Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Flooding!


OK, I should have seen it coming. I mean, it practically is the year of the flood, with nonstop news of ever rising rivers somewhere in the middle of the country. But honestly, I wasn't paying attention to what seemed to be a far away abstract concept.

So, I didn't expect a major highway heading to Omaha to just close suddenly.





And after being detoured deep into Missouri and Iowa farmland, upon asking a midnight convenient store clerk what the cause of the detour was, she seemed to be wondering what type of carrot patch I must inhabit to be unaware of the news event of the year. Hmmmmm :/

The flood pushed us into miles of non 3G roads, and at one point made me wonder if there was even a path open to Omaha. But finally, at the last moment, the road opened up letting us get to our hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment