Monday, July 18, 2011

Can you name the tallest tower in the USA?


Did you say "The Sears Tower"? If so, you are wrong. The Sears Tower has been renamed, to "The Willis Tower". I find this strange, not only because someone thought it was a good idea to rename a major American monument, but also because "Willis" sounds like some guy. It would be like if they renamed the Statue of Liberty "Maude", or the Golden Gate Bridge "Old Pappy". Oh well.

So, we visited "The Willis Tower".




The reason I wanted to see "The Willis Tower" isn't because it is some tall place (I have seen plenty of those). It is because it is some tall place with a scary box dangling over the city.




















I am terrified of heights. I suppose that made the event all the more fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment